Chamillionaire.Com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chamillionaire.Com

Cham.Com

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apocalypto (2006)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancho Yo Sancho
Byrd Gang Balla
Pancho Yo Sancho

Number of posts : 1657
Location : Posted up on your mummy's back like thumbtack showin her the true meanin of a wetback
Registration date : 2006-08-16

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptySat Dec 09, 2006 8:18 am

Apocalypto (2006) C_apocalypto_teaser_cartel

Quote :
As the Maya kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood), a young man who's tribe is ravaged is chosen for sacrifice, flees the kingdom to avoid his fate and save his family.

I spent 4 hours at the theater(the projector kept fucking up so I went to the hour later feature) and I was most def impressed. There was alot of great visuals in this film but I wouldnt go as far to call it one of my best visual experiences outside of the Mayan pyramids. There was a few small things that annoyed me but nothing worth mentioning. My only real complaint was they didnt spend enough time exploring the Mayan civilization and exploring the inside of the Pyramids. If this film doesnt get some nods at the Oscars and isnt recognized as maybe being Mel Gibson's best movie then I guess my opinion aint shit. Sad *releases inner thug* Jaguar Paw finally got gutter on them motherfuckers towards the end and raised all kinds a hell and it was about time.

And I can kinda see how the Mayan population would catch feelings cause they definately had the higher power of Mayans doing some shitty things to the smaller tribes, but you cant hide your history and the Mayans and Aztecs had a rep of being some ruthless motherfuckers. They were like the Romans of the American continent and today's Mayan people need to quit bitching cause this movie was accurate of their ancestors.

I give it a 8.5/9 outta 10

*SPOILER*
I was waiting to see the Spanish fucks pull up sooner or later and I already knew it was them sailing towards the land before they even showed em. Most def good way to end the film. :tu
Back to top Go down
RGV_TX

RGV_TX

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptySat Dec 09, 2006 8:53 am

im gonna check this out after finals are over...
Back to top Go down
Rebel INS

Number of posts : 1633

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptySat Dec 09, 2006 10:15 am

i read in the newspaper it was tooooooo gory for them. and im like, so what? thats how it was back then. you can deal with it? thats life.
Back to top Go down
Pancho Yo Sancho
Byrd Gang Balla
Pancho Yo Sancho

Number of posts : 1657
Location : Posted up on your mummy's back like thumbtack showin her the true meanin of a wetback

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptySun Dec 10, 2006 4:59 am

Rebel INS wrote:
i read in the newspaper it was tooooooo gory for them. and im like, so what? thats how it was back then. you can deal with it? thats life.
Exactly, and the gore part is overrated.

*SPOILERS*
In the begining, a tapir gets caught in a trap and it quickly shows the big ass woody thingy with the sharp wood thingies go into his body. Later it shows it happen to a person, but it isnt as graphic.

They show dude get his throat slashed, but its more poetic than graphic.

When they do to the big Mayan city and hit up the pyramids where heads are being sliced off, they never show the slicing. Just the head rolling...lol
Back to top Go down
RGV_TX

RGV_TX

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptyTue Dec 12, 2006 1:12 pm

i just got back from this movie and ive gotta say this is the best movie ive seen so far in 06...then im betting 300 will be the best in 07 Cool
Back to top Go down
Rebel INS

Number of posts : 1633

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptyWed Dec 13, 2006 9:40 am

RGV_TX wrote:
i just got back from this movie and ive gotta say this is the best movie ive seen so far in 06...then im betting 300 will be the best in 07 Cool

Spider-Man 3. will be.
Back to top Go down
sa_town_click

sa_town_click

Number of posts : 723

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2006 4:44 am

Pancho Yo Sancho wrote:

Quote :
As the Maya kingdom faces its decline, the rulers insist the key to prosperity is to build more temples and offer human sacrifices. Jaguar Paw (Rudy Youngblood), a young man who's tribe is ravaged is chosen for sacrifice, flees the kingdom to avoid his fate and save his family.

I spent 4 hours at the theater(the projector kept fucking up so I went to the hour later feature) and I was most def impressed. There was alot of great visuals in this film but I wouldnt go as far to call it one of my best visual experiences outside of the Mayan pyramids. There was a few small things that annoyed me but nothing worth mentioning. My only real complaint was they didnt spend enough time exploring the Mayan civilization and exploring the inside of the Pyramids. If this film doesnt get some nods at the Oscars and isnt recognized as maybe being Mel Gibson's best movie then I guess my opinion aint shit. Sad *releases inner thug* Jaguar Paw finally got gutter on them motherfuckers towards the end and raised all kinds a hell and it was about time.

And I can kinda see how the Mayan population would catch feelings cause they definately had the higher power of Mayans doing some shitty things to the smaller tribes, but you cant hide your history and the Mayans and Aztecs had a rep of being some ruthless motherfuckers. They were like the Romans of the American continent and today's Mayan people need to quit bitching cause this movie was accurate of their ancestors.

*SPOILER*
I was waiting to see the Spanish fucks pull up sooner or later and I already knew it was them sailing towards the land before they even showed em. Most def good way to end the film. :tu

i was hopin the spanish were gonna show up early and i wanted to see em whoop on some spanish dudes.....i was pissed when they didnt come till the end.....but....i am jaguar paw....this is my jungle....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dirtydan808
RGV_TX

RGV_TX

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) EmptyFri Dec 15, 2006 5:37 am

sa_town_click wrote:
Pancho Yo Sancho wrote:

Quote :

*SPOILER*

i was hopin the spanish were gonna show up early and i wanted to see em whoop on some spanish dudes.....i was pissed when they didnt come till the end.....but....i am jaguar paw....this is my jungle....

yeah i was hoping that there would be some fighting between the mayans and spanish...shit i wouldve stayed another hour if there was a continuation involving a panther biting down on a spaniards face Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Apocalypto (2006) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apocalypto (2006)   Apocalypto (2006) Empty

Back to top Go down

Apocalypto (2006)
Page 1 of 1